Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't think I've mentioned here before the throwaway poems. During the period when this seed was sending tendrils up through the earth in search of sunlight, I started a little creative game. I said to a few visual artist friends, "Are you ready to play a game? I'll send you words, you send me images to go with the words." I would place their images next to my words, and circulate the resulting booklet among us.

The rules were simple:
I must make the words, and you must make the images, in five minutes or less. Do not turn this into some kind of project.

When the final booklet arrives, read it once and throw it away: delete it.

This poem, which itself was not quite a throwaway poem (took more than 5 minutes to write), describes the throwaway poems, sort of. This one does contain an uncorrected typo, so that almost qualifies it: Get Today's Throwaway Poem

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love this idea.
Keep them coming.